Your personal privacy and the security of your personal data are of primary concern to us. We believe you should be aware of who we are, the types of information we may collect about you and what we do with your personal information.
Who we are
This website is owned and operated by Bluefin (Bluefin is a trading name of Towry Ltd). When we refer to Towry, we mean Towry Limited and companies within the Towry group including Towry Investment Management Limited and Towry Pension Trustees Limited. Our registered office is Towry House, Western Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1TL.
Bluefin provides personal financial advice and investment management services to private individuals, families and trustees.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or requesting any further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us by post, email, telephone, or in person, we may keep a record of that correspondence or interaction and the information you give to us.
- Details of your visits to our website including, traffic data, communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Information we receive from third parties (including other companies within the Towry group), third parties who provide services to you or us, and credit reference or fraud prevention agencies.
- Personal and financial information that we learn about you through our relationship with you and any products you take out, which may include sensitive personal data such as information about your health. We will only process your sensitive personal data where required for the process of fulfilling our obligations to you at your request.
How do we use the information?
We collect this information in order to provide you with financial advice and associated services. We may use and share this information with other companies within the Towry group and with third parties providing services to you, us or other Towry group companies so that we and they may:
- Access and process applications, provide you with services and administer and manage our relationship with you, including processing your payment for those services.
- Carry out insurance and product risk assessments and client verification.
- Carry out obligations arising from any contracts with you.
- Recover debt.
- Prevent and detect crime and meet legal or regulatory requirements, including verifying your identity.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Provide you with other relevant information.
We may also use the information you provide to us for research purposes and to invite you to participate in research.
We will hold this information for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and to comply with our regulatory and legal obligations.
We may also record any telephone conversations between us. We may use any recordings, or transcripts from them, as well as any e-mails you send us, for the purposes of investigating any complaint you may make, or as evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us.
What security procedures do we have in place?
Your security is very important to us but we need your help to keep you safe. You need to be vigilant of your security at all times when online and double check any links sent to you that may appear to be from us. We will take appropriate measures to protect your information from unauthorised processing, loss or damage.
Do we use 'cookies'?
This Website may write small files to your computer called "cookies", which we may use for the following reasons:
- To ensure you are properly logged in where this is necessary to use the site;
- To track your progress through the site so we can make improvements to the service we offer you; and/or
- To remember any preferences which the site may allow you to set.
Cookies may be required to allow you to access and participate in certain areas of the Website. The cookies we store on your computer do not contain any personally identifiable information.
You do not have to accept cookies and you can disable them or change the way your computer handles them by adjusting your browser settings. The majority of browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies and to disable and enable them as you require. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience problems using areas of this Website that require you to log on.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
When you visit our Website, we may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
How can you correct any inaccuracies in your personal information?
Should any of your personal information change or the information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know and we will ensure your records are updated. You can use the 'contact us' button, e-mail us at email@example.com, write to us at the address below, or call us on 0844 856 50 03. If you telephone to inform us of the change, we may ask you to confirm it in writing.
Within the Towry group companies we analyse the information to understand our customers' preferences, expectations and behaviour, and enable the Towry group companies to find and make more relevant offers of products and services to you.
We will not disclose your information to anyone outside the Towry group companies except to: third party service providers; agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf (including credit reference agencies); government entities or regulatory bodies in order that we may fulfil our responsibilities and obligations or they exercise their powers or functions; or where we have your permission. Where applicable we will put in place a contract to protect your personal data. Data security is high on our list of priorities.
Your personal information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area. Any of your information that is transferred will be processed in those countries on the basis that anyone we pass it to provides an adequate level of protection. However, such information may be accessed by law enforcement agencies and other authorities to prevent and detect crime and comply with legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data within the Towry group companies where we have your consent and send you information to make you aware of other products and services which we or third parties can provide. We will not share your information outside the Towry group companies for marketing purposes.
You will always be able to change your mind about receiving marketing messages by unsubscribing to an email, by telling your adviser, or by writing to us at The Data Protection Officer, Freepost MARKETING – DATA PROTECTION, Bluefin Towry House, Western Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1TL.
We will, of course, continue to send you important information relating to your client arrangements with Towry group companies.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in return for payment of a fee of £10. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to the Head of Client Resolution whose contact details are set out below:
Head of Client Resolution, Client Resolution
Bluefin, Towry House, Western Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1TL
Tel: 01344 828000
Fax: 01344 828157